The Tenants Union of Victoria was formed over 30 years ago to promote and protect the rights of tenants and residents in all forms of residential accommodation in Victoria. The Tenants Union aims to help individual tenants and to work for social change to improve conditions for all tenants into the future.
Genuine housing choice without social or economic disadvantage
- social justice, including the belief that safe, secure, affordable and appropriate housing is a fundamental human right
- empowerment of tenants
- understanding our environment and engaging with our stakeholders
- professionalism and integrity in our activities
- a supportive work environment
- improvement through ongoing learning