tenants help line: (03) 9416 2577

    Through the Tenants Help Line, we offer free and confidential information and basic advice for tenants and residents renting residential accommodation in Victoria.

    For information about your privacy when using our services, see the Legal Service Privacy Policy.

    information and basic advice only

    Calls are generally limited to 10 minutes. Our advisers can only provide information and basic advice by phone. If your situation is complex or a longer discussion is required, our advisers may refer you to our drop-in advice service so we can provide you with more comprehensive advice if necessary. Alternatively, our advisers may refer you to a local community legal centre.

    high demand

    There is a high demand for our phone service and we may not be able to answer your call immediately. Your call may be placed in a queue and will be answered as quickly as possible but please note that hold times during busy periods are often 20 minutes or more. If you hear the engaged signal this means that the queues are full and you can try again later. Your patience is appreciated.

    If you need advice quickly, contact Tenancy Legal Referral: an alternative service provider that offers a same-day-response email service.

    avoid long waits

    To avoid long waits, we recommend that you refer to our online advice which provide general legal information on a range of topics such as repairs, notice to vacate, breaking a lease and many other common tenancy topics. Your question may already be answered in a fact sheet that you can download to keep.

    If you need advice quickly, contact Tenancy Legal Referral: an alternative service provider that offers a same-day-response email service.

    before you call

    Make sure you have checked the opening and closing times below and have the following items handy:

    • pen and paper
    • name of your landlord and real estate agency
    • any relevant documents, including your tenancy agreement, any notices that you have received such as a Notice to Vacate and any letters to or from your landlord or real estate agent

    when to call

    Monday   9.00 am to 4.00 pm
    Tuesday   9.00 am to 4.00 pm
    Wednesday 12.30 pm to 7.30 pm
    Thursday   9.00 am to 4.00 pm
    Friday   9.00 am to 4.00 pm

    tenants help line will be closed on public holidays


    The Tenants Union of Victoria does not provide advice to landlords. If you are a landlord you may contact Consumer Affairs Victoria for advice on 1300 55 81 81.

    disputes between tenants or neighbours

    We provide information and advice to tenants about problems with landlords, owners and agents and on some tenancy issues arising from domestic violence. We generally do not provide advice on disputes between tenants or neighbours. If you have a dispute with another tenant or neighbour, please contact your local community legal centre for assistance.


    Na święta 2014 polecamy chwilówki takie jak tutaj.

    chwilówki online na święta
    Website by Kobe Creations