This example shows how to fill in the Claim details section of the VCAT application if you want to remove a name from a periodic (month-to-month) lease.
Tick the boxes
Tick the box for Other orders. Then write the details in the box below.
- order that the affected persons name be removed from the lease
- order that the lease otherwise continue
- order about the bond (if needed)
Write the details
Then write as much detail as possible. Attach a separate sheet if you need more room. There are some things you should include:
- when the fixed term ended
- how long the affected person lived in the rental property
- intervention order details and whether the intervention order is being appealed by the perpetrator
- details of any children
- if the landlord consents to the change (even if the perpetrator does not).
This information is a guide only and should not be used as a substitute for professional legal advice.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.