for organisations

advice for tenants

We provide advice to community service workers assisting clients who rent a home in Victoria. For advice on residential tenancy problems, you can consult one of our lawyers between 9am and 3pm: 03 9411 1444. We do not provide advice to landlords or rental property managers.

Our service is closed weekends and public holidays.

family violence protection TENANCY KIT

Designed for support workers and advocates who assist people affected by family violence, the purpose of the kit is to help people in rental housing to know their rights, have a secure home and limit any financial loss.
family violence protection TENANCY KIT (

practice resources

Our practice notes are intended for those with some tenant advocacy experience and not for the general public.
Practice notes for tenant advocates


Our fact sheets are available online as webpages and PDFs at advice. Tenants and not-for-profit organisations are welcome to place an order for printed copies. Please complete an order form, then mail or fax it to us:

Print publications order form [July 2019, pdf 132kb]


We offer face-to-face training sessions for groups. To find out more please contact us.

Tenants Victoria acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.